While I provide consulting, coaching and leadership development to anyone wanting to expand their life, I have developed a niche for coaching men.
Men all want the same thing as women . . . a happy fulfilling life. So what is different?
The difference is that many men are doing it alone. Generally, they do not ask for help and support in the same way as women do. Men tend to assume they can manage on their own.
Keep in mind that women, children and other men need you just the way you are. They need your strength, protection, power and heroism. They also need your tender, gentle, sweet, playful and open-hearted selves.
Let’s face it… there aren’t a whole lot of resources and help out there for men who are looking for new ways to live their life in a modern world in which traditional notions of manhood are being expanded.
The coaching needs of men are very different to the specific requirements of women.
Men often feel more comfortable opening up to another male to address, together, the unique realities of being a man in the modern world.
Coaching for men by men:
- Is structured in a manner to provide support and guidance and does not impact on their ability to manage on their own.
- Addresses the unique realities of the way men cope with success, challenges and failures.
- Provides them with the required space to explore what changes need to be made from a male perspective.
- Helps build powerful relationships with women and develops the skills to relate to them on a deeper level.
- Helps build trusting relationships with other men, regardless of background, culture, sexual orientation, age, social status and other differences.
- Helps men manage their egos by learning to be humble, teachable, and to develop listening skills, an appreciation of others and the ability to “let go” of the need to be right.
- Gain a new view of what it is to be “successful.”
- Helps reclaim the younger playful and creative boy within.
- Addresses the unique realities of fatherhood and make a difference in the lives of their children.
- Age as a man with pride and purpose.
- And more . . .
And above all, men are in need of the cheerleading, guidance and powerful communication that women do. Men have emotional needs too.
Coaching for men is about men helping men making a difference in the world. It’s about making good men better.
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”
~ EE Cummings